To get started configuring PayPal Website Payments Pro, navigate to "MemberPress" -> "Options" and select the "Payments" tab.
- Click the plus button and select the gateway "PayPal Payments Pro"
- Label it whatever you want. This is the name that your users will see when they go to select how to pay.
- Log in to your PayPal account to obtain the necessary information: API Username, API Password, and Signature.
- Go into your Profile and select Selling Tools.
- Select update on the API Access option.
- Selection Option 2: View API Signature.
- Copy and paste the credentials into your MemberPress Settings.
- Copy the PayPal IPN URL from MemberPress.
- Go back to "PayPal" -> "Profile" -> "Selling Tools," just like before.
- Select update on the "Instant Payment Notifications" option.
- Select Choose IPN Settings
- Paste the URL into the Notification URL box
- Check the "Receive IPN Messages (Enabled)" option.
- Click Save
- Go back to MemberPress and click Update Options to save your changes.
To use the Sandbox mode with this gateway, you will need to have a developer account setup at developer.paypal.com. Once you're done testing in sandbox mode, be sure to update your API credentials and IPN URL to reflect the live account.
Pausing & Resuming Subscriptions With PayPal.
PayPal doesn't send out an IPN when a Subscription is resumed. Because of this, we strongly recommend that you don't resume a subscription from within PayPal itself -- rather always resume your Subscriptions from within the MemberPress admin interface. If a member resumes a Subscription within their own PayPal account, MemberPress will NOT be notified and the Subscription will still show as "paused" in your dashboard - so be aware that there may be instances when you would need to manually change a Subscription's status back to "enabled" in these rare cases.
Troubleshooting Recurring Payment Issues
PayPal Payments Pro must have the Recurring Payments Module (DPRP) enabled in order to process recurring subscription profiles. You may need to contact PayPal support to get this module enabled on your account as it appears there is no longer an option to do so from within their new UI. Also, you must be using Website Payments Pro 3.0 on a legacy PayPal account as DPRP does not appear to work with newer PayPal Pro accounts.
How to Test with PayPal
To test with PayPal, you are required to set up Sandbox Account. For detailed instructions on how to do this, please visit this page.