Authorize.net is included only in our Developer Edition of MemberPress.
To get started, navigate to the options menu in MemberPress and select payments.
- Click the plus button and select the gateway "Authorize.net"
- Name it whatever you want. This is the name that your users will see when they go to select how to pay.
- Go your Authorize.net dashboard to obtain the necessary keys: login name & transaction key.
- In Authorize.net.
- Select API Login ID and Transaction Key under Security Settings
- Copy and paste the keys to your MemberPress settings.
- Copy and paste the "Silent Post URL" from Memberpress into your Authorize.net settings (found under the "Transaction Response Settings").
- Copy and paste the "MD5 Hash Value" from Memberpress into your Authorize.net settings (found under the "General Security Settings").
Use Test Mode if you want to make sure everything works without actually charging any cards. You'll need an account at developer.authorize.net to use the Test Mode. If you have been using Test Mode and your going live, be sure to update your Login Name, Transaction Key, Silent Post URL, and MD5 Hash to reflect the live account instead.
Use Force SSL if your site has the option of being viewed in http and https. This will make it so when a user is going to pay it will automatically switch to https so that the transaction is secure.
Catch Up Payment Type
If a member fails to update their Credit Card and get's behind on payments -- you can use this feature to "catch them up" when they get around to updating their Credit Card info. The options are explained below:
- None - Don't use the catch up feature. The member can update their card info, but will not be billed for any delinquencies. Their next scheduled payment will be taken out normally.
- Period - The member is billed for "this" entire billing period. So if they have missed 5 monthly payments, they are only billed the full amount for the 5th period, not the prior 4 missed periods before it.
- Proration - The member is billed for the remainder of "this" billing period. So if they have missed 5 monthly payments, and there is still two weeks left in the 5th period, they will be billed immediately for those remaining two weeks.
- Full - Charge the member the full amount for their delinquent time. So if they missed 5 monthly payments, they would be charged for all 5 months when updating their card.
How to Process a Refund
To learn how to process a refund within Authorize.net please follow this link.