PayPal Sandbox is what you can use to test out how PayPal will work and feel on your site’s MemberPress registration process. In the video found below, you’ll be able to learn step-by-step how exactly you can set this up!
What This Video Covers
- 0:00 – 2:41 Logging into developer.paypal.com and finding and/or creating your own sandbox accounts.
- 2:41 – 4:25 Creating the PayPal gateway option in MemberPress and entering in Primary PayPal Email and API credentials for PayPal Standard.
- 4:25 – 7:30 Entering in the PayPal IPN URL and Return URL and configuring settings with Primary PayPal Email (Business Sandbox Account) from sandbox.paypal.com.
- 7:30 – 8:34 Testing the registration process on your site with the new gateway in an incognito window or while logged out as admin, or in a different browser.
- 8:34 – End Verifying the successful processing of the transactions both on the users account and in the WordPress Dashboard.
Ready To Go Live?!
When you’re ready to go live, please click on the gateway option below that you are hoping to configure to start collecting live payments.
What if I want to keep the Sandbox Gateway for future testing instead of updating it with my live credentials?
If you want to keep this Sandbox Gateway for future testing, while still creating a new live option that is fine! Simply start by clicking on the version of PayPal you’d like to set up from one of the above links, and then follow the instructions there exactly. After you’ve done that you’ll simply need to use the “Customize Payment Methods” Option found in your membership options for each membership on your site, as you can see below. Doing that will ensure that users won’t be able to use the test method when they subscribe to your site.