Why should I choose MemberPress to build my membership site?
MemberPress has all the features you’d expect from a full-featured, WordPress membership site plugin but here are some of the things that we feel really set MemberPress apart:
- Quick And Easy Setup: We’ve put a great deal of thought into the setup of a membership site. It really shouldn’t be brain science … and with MemberPress it isn’t. From the standard plugin installation to the automatically generated pricing pages, we think you’ll find that MemberPress will really save you time.
- Advanced Access Rules: MemberPress has an easy to use but advanced set of access rules. With MemberPress you’ll be able to protect pages, posts, children of pages, posts that are categorized or tagged a certain way, feeds, custom post types and even standalone files anywhere in your WordPress website folder.
- Customizable: We’ve really tried to make sure that MemberPress is easy to use and looks great right out of the box. And for our more advanced customers, we’ve added a large number of actions & filters. Also, we never encrypt or obfuscate our code and we’re always willing to help our customers when they need to do customizations.
- Seamless Payment Gateway Integration: We’ve spent more time working on making our payment gateway integration complete & easy for you to setup. When getting your payment gateway working with MemberPress you’ll find that you won’t be copying and pasting code or going through any complex instructions to set things up. Instead, with MemberPress, you’ll just copy your gateway’s API keys into MemberPress and then copy any hashes or notification urls into your gateway’s control panel … that’s it.
- Much, Much More: We’ve taken a great deal of time and effort to provide you with a solid and clear user experience. So, if you’ve been frustrated getting membership sites setup in the past, prepare to be surprised at how easy it can be.
What is MemberPress in a nutshell?
MemberPress is a WordPress membership site plugin that makes it easy to charge your users for access to content and digital products such as software and e-books.
MemberPress will give you the ability to confidently create, manage and analyze membership subscriptions and digital products. In addition to these powerful abilities, MemberPress will allow you to grant and revoke access to posts, pages, categories, tags, feeds, communities and digital files based on what products your users have purchased or subscribed to.
Since MemberPress is built on top of WordPress you’ll be able to create powerful and compelling membership sites that leverage all of the tremendous features of WordPress and WordPress plugins including content management, forums and communities.
What are the technical requirements for running MemberPress?
MemberPress runs on Self-Hosted WordPress (wordpress.org). The self-hosted version of WordPress is very different from the free blogs you can setup at WordPress.com (which MemberPress and other plugins are incompatible with). If you have any questions about how to get started with self-hosted WordPress you can find many resources on WordPress.org.
Can I use MemberPress with any WordPress Theme?
Absolutely—MemberPress can protect any posts, pages, or custom post types…and the front-end pages it generates such as the product registration, login, account and pricing pages are all theme neutral. Also, for advanced users, a high level of customization can be achieved using page templates and custom css.
What payment gateways does MemberPress work with?
Currently MemberPress integrates with PayPal Standard, PayPal Express Checkout, PayPal Website Payments Pro, Authorize.net (AIM & ARB) and Stripe. These gateways allow for a much more secure and PCI compliant ability to charge credit cards and each provide a mechanism for issuing automatic recurring payments.
Can I use MemberPress on my Clients’ sites?
Purchasing a MemberPress Developer license will enable you to install active copies of it on as many of your clients’ sites as you want.
Do you offer refunds?
Yes, we offer an unconditional 14 day money back guarantee.
Can I roll out an Affiliate Program along with a MemberPress Membership Site?
Absolutely, MemberPress works seamlessly with the Affiliate Royale plugin to give you a full affiliate program with your WordPress membership site. Affiliate Royale is included with the Business and Developer Editions of MemberPress.
Can I protect videos with MemberPress?
Yes, with the MemberPress AWS Add On. We also have users who are using MemberPress in conjunction with Vimeo, Brightcove, Wistia, Viddler and other such video hosting services.
Can I sell physical goods with MemberPress?
MemberPress isn’t a shopping cart plugin … it excels in selling memberships and digital products. As such the checkout process in MemberPress can be much simpler than when purchasing physical goods. MemberPress is also a master of recurring subscription payments … it’s been built from the ground up to specialize in subscriptions—and to automatically grant or revoke access based on the current state of the subscription payments.
Why is a yearly subscription required to purchase MemberPress?
Since businesses run on MemberPress, it’s critical that it always stay secure, up to date and stable. When you buy MemberPress you can use it for a year, but in order for us to continue provide you with a high level of support, regular updates AND provide you with the continued ability to administer through MemberPress, we require an automatic yearly renewal. Of course, regardless of if you decide to renew or not, MemberPress will not lose any frontend functionality. To learn more about how this could affect you click here.
Does MemberPress generate public or front-end protected user profiles?
No, MemberPress focuses on protecting content and creating subscriptions. MemberPress can work along-side several other plugins that can give your users front-end user profiles … some of these plugins include UserPro and bbPress.
Does MemberPress work with any forum software?
Yes, at this time MemberPress works well with WordPress based forum software like bbPress and Simple Press Forum.
Will my membership stop working if my license expires?
No way. If your license expires, your membership site will still work just fine unless something changes with the WordPress core itself. You just won’t have access to download the plugin or add-ons, won’t receive product updates and won’t be able to access new add-ons or the stellar product support that we offer.
Is it possible for me to migrate from an existing Membership system?
Yes, as long as you can export your data (either via an export script or the database) you can use our MemberPress Importer add-on to easily import Users, Products, Coupons, Rules, Transactions and even active, automated recurring Subscriptions with PayPal Express Checkout, Authorize.net ARB or Stripe. You can read more about it in our User Manual.
Does MemberPress work with any email marketing systems?
Yes, currently MemberPress works with numerous email marketing systems. Refer to our Auto-Responders add-on list to see our supported email marketing systems.
Do you have an affiliate program?
Yes, we have a great affiliate program that you can learn more about by visiting our affiliate program information page.